Financing Your Studies
From flexible payment plans and scholarships, to Germany’s study benefits and incentives, there are many options for international students to consider when it comes to financing studies.
- The extensive DAAD scholarship database for foreign students, graduates and academics offers a wide range of scholarships and additional Information to help you with your application.
- The Deutschlandstipendium provides financial and non-material support to high-achieving and committed students from all over the world: 300 euros per month for international top-class talent
- New European College is approved for American VA Benefits and accepts the GI Bill
- New European College offers discounts for those who pay a full year of tuition in advance. Also, many currently enrolled students combine work with studies simultaneously.
- Private student loans are offered country-wide e.g. by Deutsche Bank and Deutsche Kreditbank (DKB). Some banks such as Sparkassen Group or Volksbanken/ Raiffeisenbanken offer regional loan programs as well.
- State student loans in Germany are offered by: KFW Bank via your regional bank, NRW Bank (only tuition fees), L-Bank (only tuition fees).
- Private education funds (so called ‘Bildungsfonds’) are offered by: CareerConcept and Deutsche Bildung
- Education funds are offered to qualified and highly motivated students, funding both cost of living and tuition fees.
Thanks to our academic partnership with IUBH, our students receive German state recognized, accredited degrees, as well as:
- A full German student visa
- Eligibility to apply for a 18-month Job Seeker visa
- Working permit in Germany with 120 full days or 240 half days per year
- Financial support for foreigners with children residing in Germany (for children up to age 25)
- Tax benefits for Master students
- Refund of German Pension Insurance (9.3% of your salary) for individuals who have been employed in Germany for a maximum of five years. Check your eligibility here.
- Discounts on public transportation, insurance, gyms, museums among many other benefits
New European College offers students flexible payment plans where they can choose between paying tuition fees per semester or per academic year (terms & conditions apply).
International students can save time and money when making tuition payments by using Flywire, a free and secure solution for making international money transfers. Operating in more than 220 countries, international students and their families can use Flywire to make payments in their home currency and enjoy low exchange rates, convenient online payment tracking, and customer service in their native language.
Fintiba provides step-by-step support for international students to open up the required Blocked Account and successfully navigate the German study visa process. Fintiba’s mission to offer innovative and tailor-made online solutions for international students who want to study in Germany. Click here to learn more and begin the process – and be sure to select ‘New European College’ when signing up! Other resources include X-Patrio and Deutsche Bank.
There are many discounted products and services students will receive while enrolled at university in Germany.
Some discounts include:
- Gym memberships
- Museums & events
- Amazon Prime